The office will be closed on the following dates:
December 6th -14th. No Phone or email service during this week. Emergencies: please contact the Ottawa office, (613) 235-3253
December 20-Jan 1st. Office Closed for holiday period. Emergencies: contact Sue (613) 484-3554 or email@example.com
Musicians wanted for a reception at the Isabel Bader Performing Arts Centre.
When: December 7th, 2019
Time: 4:30 – 5:00 pm
Style of music: Light Classical, easy listening,
Description: An end of year social event at the Isabel. The Octane Medical Group has requested a small ensemble of 2-5 players to provide background music for their end of year reception. The musicians will be playing at the beginning of the evening as guests arrive. The style of music that has been asked for is a selection of light classical music or easy listening that reflects the ambiance of the evening. For more information and contract details please contact the office.
NOMINATION MEETING FOR OFFICERS AND DELEGATES PLEASE PLAN ON ATTENDING
SUNDAY OCTOBER 20 2019
AT 2:00 PM
The Chapel, Royale Place Retirement Residence
2485 Princess St, Kingston, ON K7M 3G1
Come out and support your local unions!
Hurry, only 3 more days left to join during our membership drive! Save $95 in initiation fees. Pay only regular membership dues of $177.
Click Here to join
Members get your copy here: newsletter
Newsletter February 2019 public version
Over the last 3 months we have been running a pilot project at one of the local schools. We hired three contrasting professional bands to come and play at the school and developed a curriculum that accompanied each visit. With help from performances from Trevor Strong, the class prepared for each upcoming performance weaving the music curriculum into their classroom activities over the weeks proceeding each concert to produce a cross-curriculum project. Our last band to visit was Kingston band The Wilderness, which had the whole school rocking to the beat of their music. None of this would have been possible without the generous support from the Music Performance Trust Fund who provided the entire funding for this project. Many thanks to the trustees for their sponsorship. This has had an enormous impact on these children and the school. A truly memorable experience for all involved. Help us keep music alive in our schools.
Date: Sunday, November 4th, 2018
Time: 2:00 pm
Address: 2485 Princess St, Kingston, ON K7M 3G1 Royale Place Retirement Residence
The new 2018/19 rates have been posted and will be effective 1st December 2018. If you would like to take advantage of our 2018 rate please get your payment in before 30th November 2018. We accept the following forms of payment:
- Credit Card click here for link to PayPal payment page (service charge applies), scroll down to member payment options and select the appropriate level of payment. Life membership is granted to those members that have 35 years of membership and are 65 years of age, please contact the office if you are unsure of your status. Student membership is granted to full-time students and Youth membership are those who are 20 years and under.
- Cheque payable to Kingston Musicians Union and sent to the new office location: 1326 Channelview Rd Kingston On K7L 4V1
- e-transfer sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- e-transfer to 613-484-3554
- Cash paid in person at office 1326 Channelview Rd Kingston K7L 4V1
- Credit card by phone (call in office hours 613 542-3732)