Over the last 3 months we have been running a pilot project at one of the local schools. We hired three contrasting professional bands to come and play at the school and developed a curriculum that accompanied each visit. With help from performances from Trevor Strong, the class prepared for each upcoming performance weaving the music curriculum into their classroom activities over the weeks proceeding each concert to produce a cross-curriculum project. Our last band to visit was Kingston band The Wilderness, which had the whole school rocking to the beat of their music. None of this would have been possible without the generous support from the Music Performance Trust Fund who provided the entire funding for this project. Many thanks to the trustees for their sponsorship. This has had an enormous impact on these children and the school. A truly memorable experience for all involved. Help us keep music alive in our schools.
The new 2018/19 rates have been posted and will be effective 1st December 2018. If you would like to take advantage of our 2018 rate please get your payment in before 30th November 2018. We accept the following forms of payment:
- Credit Card click here for link to PayPal payment page (service charge applies), scroll down to member payment options and select the appropriate level of payment. Life membership is granted to those members that have 35 years of membership and are 65 years of age, please contact the office if you are unsure of your status. Student membership is granted to full-time students and Youth membership are those who are 20 years and under.
- Cheque payable to Kingston Musicians Union and sent to the new office location: 1326 Channelview Rd Kingston On K7L 4V1
- e-transfer sent to: email@example.com
- e-transfer to 613-484-3554
- Cash paid in person at office 1326 Channelview Rd Kingston K7L 4V1
- Credit card by phone (call in office hours 613 542-3732)
When: 4th November 2018
Time: 2:00 pm
Where: Royale Residence
2485 Princess St, Kingston, ON K7M 3G1
The General Meeting scheduled for July 29th is postponed to September. The new date and time will be posted in the September Issue of the Newsletter.
The office will be closed from the 23rd of July through to the 10th August. For emergency service please contact Robin or Dan at the Ottawa-Gatineau office.
280 Metcalfe Street,
Suite 301 Ottawa, ON K2P 1R7
Toll Free: 1-855-235-2353
We’re Having a Membership Drive!
If you’re looking to join the musicians’ union now is a good time. Local 518 is having a membership drive which means you save big on membership fees.
$165 only until November 30th