Our Fall Newsletter October 2018 is out now
The new 2018/19 rates have been posted and will be effective 1st December 2018. If you would like to take advantage of our 2018 rate please get your payment in before 30th November 2018. We accept the following forms of payment:
- Credit Card click here for link to PayPal payment page (service charge applies), scroll down to member payment options and select the appropriate level of payment. Life membership is granted to those members that have 35 years of membership and are 65 years of age, please contact the office if you are unsure of your status. Student membership is granted to full-time students and Youth membership are those who are 20 years and under.
- Cheque payable to Kingston Musicians Union and sent to the new office location: 1326 Channelview Rd Kingston On K7L 4V1
- e-transfer sent to: email@example.com
- e-transfer to 613-484-3554
- Cash paid in person at office 1326 Channelview Rd Kingston K7L 4V1
- Credit card by phone (call in office hours 613 542-3732)
When: 4th November 2018
Time: 2:00 pm
Where: Royale Residence
2485 Princess St, Kingston, ON K7M 3G1
The General Meeting scheduled for July 29th is postponed to September. The new date and time will be posted in the September Issue of the Newsletter.
The office will be closed from the 23rd of July through to the 10th August. For emergency service please contact Robin or Dan at the Ottawa-Gatineau office.
280 Metcalfe Street,
Suite 301 Ottawa, ON K2P 1R7
Toll Free: 1-855-235-2353
We’re Having a Membership Drive!
If you’re looking to join the musicians’ union now is a good time. Local 518 is having a membership drive which means you save big on membership fees.
$165 only until November 30th
MUSIC IN THE GARDENS
The City of Kingston in joint partnership are looking for submissions for summer concerts at Lion’s Park. We have approximately 9 positions to fill and if funding permits a further 8. If you have a band or are a solo musician that would like to be considered for selection please download and fill out the following form and send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline extended to May 5th
The concerts are held at Lions Civic Gardens on two nights- Wednesday and Sunday, a Live Performance Contract is used and union rates under clause 1C Miscellaneous Engagements apply plus 3% pension (5% work dues). Temporary membership is a requirement. (Approx $6.50/musician). Please contact the office for further details on rates or go to the members page of this website.
We are looking for a variety of music: big bands, swing bands, children’s performers, country, light classical, variety, pop, ethnic, soloists. Submitting does not guarantee a placement funds are still in question so musicians will be contacted by the secretary to offer dates.